Advocacy is your opportunity to influence change for our division and for school boards across Alberta. We invite you, our community, to support these advocacy efforts.
The Board of Trustees hold advocacy as one of their key responsibilities. The following five areas of priority are where we are currently focussing our efforts to best serve the needs of our students.
You can raise your voice by sharing these areas of priority with your provincial elected officials including MLAs, Ministers, and Premier Smith.
Here’s how to get started:
- Explore this Advocacy page and find the priorities that best interest you.
- See our guide on writing your letter and be sure to add your thoughts.
- Email your signed letter to your elected officials and Foothills School Division.
- Enjoy the warm feeling of influencing change for students in Foothills School Division.
Where can I learn more?
- Board of Trustees Briefing Notes for MLAs - September - October 2023