Our Organizational Purpose
Learn more about the Board of Trustees' Foundational Statements here.
- Foothills School Division (FSD) serves the learning needs of approximately 8,200 students in junior kindergarten (pre-kindergarten) through grade 12, and employs more than 900 teachers and support staff who are focused on our common goal of “Improving Learning for ALL Students.”
- Located on the City of Calgary’s southern border within the Municipal District of Foothills, the Division encompasses the Towns of Okotoks, High River, Black Diamond and Turner Valley as well as the communities served by our Blackie, Cayley, Heritage Heights (DeWinton), Longview, Millarville and Red Deer Lake (south Calgary) schools.
- Governed by six publicly elected Board of Trustees, FSD operates 19 public schools, an open campus location providing academic and behavioural support programs, and three Hutterite Colony schools.
- As a public school division, we are here to improve learning for ALL students and develop the WHOLE child. Our student body reflects the communities we serve and we offer a rich variety of innovative programs and services to meet the needs and interests of a broad spectrum of learners.
- We are committed to academic excellence in all areas of education: academics, the arts, athletics, and career and technology instruction. Together with strong character education, we believe these are all equally important contributors to the development and future employability of our students.
- We have safe, caring and inclusive learning environments for our students and focus on developing healthy, respectful relationships at all levels – with our students, school families and employees.